There are multiple software applications available on the internet which can help you convert WMF to PDF. Some of them have the capacity to convert WMF to PDF and edit PDF subject. Some of them cannot. Those available applications can also be divided into two groups: the GUI (Graphical User Interface) version and the command line version. If you don’t care to take multiple steps to convert WMF to PDF and edit PDF subject, you can choose the GUI version. However, if you want to enhance your work efficiency and save your precious time, you should choose the command line version.
This article would like introduce the quickest way to convert WMF to PDF and edit PDF subject. And the software we are going to use is the command line application of VeryPDF HTML Converter. You can download it by clicking VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line. With the help of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, you only need to take two steps to get the job done. After you install VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line in your computer, you can begin with opening the command prompt window.
1. Open the command prompt window
- Click “Start” in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Select “Run” from the menu to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Enter “cmd” in the “Run” dialog box.
- Click “OK” to open the command prompt window.
2. Type a command line and press “Enter”
If you have no idea what should be included in a command line, please refer to the command line syntax below. The angle brackets are used to enclose essential contents. string refers to a character string.
htmltools.exe -subject <string> <input file> <output file>
To make it clear, I would like to take the following command line as an example.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -subject "command line" D:\in.wmf C:\out.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe ----The directory of the command line application. This directory represents the command application named htmltools.exe that is stored in the folder htmltools on disk D.
- -subject "command line" ---- The option and its value that can be used to edit PDF subject. It defines the PDF subject of the output file as "command line”.
- D:\in.wmf ---- The directory of the input file. It represents the WMF file named in on disk D.
- C:\out.pdf ---- The directory of the output file. It specifies PDF as the output format, and indicates that the output file should be named out and be placed on disk D.
Now, please type a command line in the command prompt window on your computer screen. After that, don’t forget to press “Enter”. While the computer is converting WMF to PDF and editing PDF subject, the information will be displayed in the command prompt window. When “Result=OK” appears in the command prompt window, that means the job is done.
How to find the information about PDF subject?
To check the result after edit PDF subject and convert WMF to PDF, you should right click the icon of the output PDF file, select “Properties” on the menu to open the “Properties” dialog box, > click the “PDF” tab, then you can find “command line” after “Subject” in the dialog box. You can try the command line application of VeryPDF HTML converter for 50 times. If you want to buy it, please click Purchase.