A pdf owner password is the password used to set document restrictions in pdf files. As of the latest PDF version, document restrictions include printing, changing the document, document assembly, content copying, content copying for accessibility, page extraction, commenting, filling of form fields, signing, and creation of template pages. In Adobe Acrobat, the pdf owner password is called the change permissions password. Therefore, setting an owner password allows you to protect your copyrights. And if you want to set particular permission of your file, for example，setting the permission of filling interactive forms in a , you could use Advanced PDF Tools Command Line. Just add -S “-permission=16”to the of setting owner password, you can finish setting the permission of filling interactive forms in a . See details below.
Follow this link you will obtain Advanced PDF Tools
The whole package is just of 3.04 MB, making the download swiftly, do remember to extract it, for it is a zipped package.
You are bound to launch MS-DOS command prompt window. Because theis bound to be operated under the MS-DOS environment. The procedure is easy, and the following pictures will guide you.
1) click “start” and then go to “Run”
2) input cmd into the following
3) press “ok”, you will find MS-DOS command prompt window popping up
inputto set the permission of filling interactive forms in a pdf file
it goes below
pdftools.exe -i C:\*.pdf -o D:\*.pdf -S ownerpwd=love -S keylen=2 -S permission=16
- -i is to specify a pdf filename or a directory for input,
- -o is to specify the pdf file name for output,
- -S ownerpwd=love to encrypt owner password as love,
- -S keylen=2 refers to 128 bit AES encryption (Acrobat 7 or higher),
- -S permission=16: Allowed fill in interactive form fields.
when the input is done, press “enter” key, you will see
open the file to check the result