This article will show you a tool to convert print files (PXL and PCL) to PDF, PS, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, etc.
The tool is VeryPDF PCL Converter Command Line. It can not only convert PXL and that is compatible with different systems, but also can convert PXL and PCL to image format such as JPEG, BMP, PS, etc. During the conversion from PCL/PXL to PDF, it also supports to set PDF property, rotation, passwords, bookmarks, etc. for the created PDF. During the conversion from PCL/PXL to images, it supports to set resolution, color depth, etc. for the created image.
What are PCL and PXL?
PCL (Printer Command Language) is a file extension which regulates HP (Hewlett-Packard) printer control language. A *.pcl file contains text or vector graphics data. It will not open properly without an appropriate reader and will appear as a series of symbols and numbers when the file is activated.
PXL is a spreadsheet file format created by Pocket Excel (Microsoft Mobile Office spreadsheet program designed for Pocket PCs, Windows Mobile smartphones and mobile devices.). PXL files hold data stored as a grid of rows and columns.
How to use VeryPDF PCL Converter Command Line?
1. Download VeryPDF PCL Converter Command Line. After the download, please double click the setup file and follow the setup wizard to install it on the computer.
2. Open MS-DOS command prompt window to input commands.
3. Input commands according to the following usage.
pcltool [options] <pcl-file> [<pdf-file>]
- pcltool: type the path of the executable file— pcltool.exe in the installed folder, which is used to call the program.
- [options]: input the options supported by this program, which is used to control the conversion.
- <pcl-file>: type the path of the input PCL/PXL file.
- [<pdf-file >]: input the path of the output file.
- -width <int> : Set page width to image file
- -height <int> : Set page height to image file
- -xres <int> : Set X resolution to image file
- -yres <int> : Set Y resolution to image file
- -bitcount <int> : Set color depth for image conversion
- -rotate <int> : Rotate pages, 90, 180, 270
- -producer <string> : Set 'producer' to PDF file
- -creator <string> : Set 'creator' to PDF file
- -subject <string> : Set 'subject' to PDF file
- -title <string> : Set 'title' to PDF file
- -author <string> : Set 'author' to PDF file
- -keywords <string> : Set 'keywords' to PDF file
- -openpwd <string> : Set 'open password' to PDF file
- -ownerpwd <string> : Set 'owner password' to PDF file
- -keylen <int> : Key length (40 or 128 bit)
- -encryption <int> : Restrictions
- -bookmark <int> : Create bookmark to PDF file
- -mergepdf <string> : Merge two PDF files into one PDF file
- -burstpdf <string> : Burst PDF file into single page PDF files
- -raster : Convert PCL file to Raster PDF file
- -quality <int> : Set quality for JPEG, JPEG2000 compression
- -colorimg <int> : Set compression method for color image
- -barcodetext <string> : Barcode text contents, support mask characters
For more options, you can read the user manual of VeryPDF PCL Converter Command Line.