In this article, I will show you one method of converting VeryPDF HTML Converter has such function of converting and add bookmark. In the following part, I will show you how to use it.and add bookmark by command line. It is known that a Bookmark is a thin marker, which can help keep the reader's place in a book and to enable the reader to return to it with ease. So it is as PDF bookmark, which can make the PDF file more easy to read.
- All the VeryPDF software are free downloading and trying, so you can rest assured to evaluate it.
- There are two versions of this software stated on website, please download the command line version. If you are not familiar with command line version software, please download the GUI version.
- When downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can find the executable file and call it in MS Dos Windows.
Step 2. Convertand add bookmark
- Here is rules and usage for your reference: htmltools [options] <EMF-WMF-HTML-URL-RTF-file> [<PDF-PS-Image-file>]
- When converting HTML to PDF and add bookmark, please refer to the following command line templates.
htmltools.exe -bookmark 1 C:\in.html C:\out.pdf
By this command line, we can convert HTML file PDF and add bookmark by short filename.
htmltools.exe -bookmark 2 C:\in.emf C:\out.pdf
By this command line, we can convert EMF file to PDF and add bookmark by file full filename.
htmltools.exe -bookmark 3 C:\in.html C:\out.pdf
By this above command line,we can convert HTML to PDF and add bookmark by short filename without suffix.
This software provides three modes of adding bookmarks, please refer to the following parameters.
- This software also allows you to convert HTML to PDF and add basic information for output PDF file like title, keywords, subject and others. Now let us check related parameters you may use.
-bookmark <int> : Create bookmark to PDF file
-bookmark 1: Use short filename as bookmarks
-bookmark 2: Use full filename as bookmarks
-bookmark 3: Use short filename without suffix as bookmarks
-postdatafile <string> : Read long postdata parameter from a disk file
-producer <string> : Set 'producer' to PDF file
-creator <string> : Set 'creator' to PDF file
-subject <string> : Set 'subject' to PDF file
-title <string> : Set 'title' to PDF file
-author <string> : Set 'author' to PDF file
This function is just a slice of this software. If you need to know more about it, please visit its homepage. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.