Question: I have written a software that opens and processes a 1bpp tiff image and I face a problem. If the total file size is less than 109MBytes, the image->FromFile method works fine. But if the total size is larger than 124 MBytes, same format like the previous one, the method ends with lastResult=OutOfMemory.I have over 1GBytes of RAM.Is there any solution on VeryPDF? Thank you very much.
Answer:According to your needs, there are two solutions on VeryPDF website. You can try to compress tiff files for reducing tiff size or you can VeryPDF TIFF Toolkit. In the following part, I will show you how to make it work.file to smaller one or deleting some pages you do not need. All those two options can be done by one software
Step 1. Install TIFF Toolkit
- Please note I use the latest version of this software, some of the functions I listed here are not available in the older version.
- When downloading finishes, please install it like other GUI version software. Double click exe till icon shows up on desktop. Simply click the icon then you can launch this software.
Step 2. Compress tiff orto smaller ones.
- Then following snapshot is from the software interface, please have a check. Please click button Add Files to add tiff file to software interface or you can drag files from its containing folder to software interface. Then add tiff file size, page and full path will be shown details. Meanwhile you can use the left preview Windows as tiff reader where you can adjust zoom rate, rotate pages and turn pages.
- When you would like to split tiff file to small ones, you can choose tiff conversion naming rules by clicking button Options. Here you can set compress modes. This software allows you to compress tiff files by following methods: LZW, ZIP, PackBits, G3, G4. When you finish setting part, please click button OK to back to the main interface.
- Then click button Split All, then this software will split tiff files to pages. When click button Split All, there will be dialogues box reminding you to choose output folder.
- If you would like to compress TIFF files, simply click button Compress then you will be reminded to choose output folder by dialogue box. A few seconds later, you can check output files in specified output folder.
By those two methods, you can opens and processes a 1bpp tiff image and then use it in FromFile in .NET C++. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.