We have a customer who has lots of PDF documents all with AES-256 encryption set on them. However one product doesn't support 256 yet, so would your product work by batch amending all AES-256 to AES-128?
Yes, this is possible, you may use following steps to try,
1. You can use VeryPDF PDF Password Remover software to remove AES-256 encryption from your PDF files first,
2. You can use "VeryPDF PDF Security and Signature (Shell & COM & SDK)" to set AES-128 encryption to these PDF files again,
pdfsecure.exe -newencrypt "--encrypt 123 456 128 --force-R5" D:\test.pdf D:\out.pdf
pdfsecure.exe -newencrypt "--encrypt 123 456 128 --print=full --modify=none" D:\test.pdf D:\out.pdf
pdfsecure.exe -newencrypt "--encrypt 123 456 128 --force-R5 --print=full --modify=none" D:\test.pdf D:\out.pdf
"-newencrypt" is an new encryption option, you may use it with following options,
Encryption Options for "-newencrypt" parameter.
To change the encryption parameters of a file, use the --encrypt flag. The syntax is
--encrypt user-password owner-password key-length [restrictions] --
Note that "--" terminates parsing of encryption flags and must be present even if no restrictions are present.
Either or both of the user password and the owner password may be empty strings.
The value for key-length may be 40, 128, or 256. The restriction flags are dependent upon key length. When no additional restrictions are given, the default is to be fully permissive.
You may also look at following web pages for more information,
VN:F [1.9.20_1166]How to change from PDF AES-256 encryption to PDF AES-128 encryption?,
- How to protect PDF files with 128-bit AES and 256-bit AES encryption?
- Protect Your PDF Files With 128bit AES and 256bit AES – Secure PDF File Encryption
- How to Secure Your PDF Files with 128-bit AES and 256-bit AES Encryption Using VeryPDF PDF Security and Signature
- How to enable High Quality Printing and disable other options in VeryPDF Advanced PDF Tools Command Line?
- VeryPDF PDF Security Supports PDF encryption, decryption, signature creation and verification in C/C++, VB, Delphi, PHP, Python, C#, Java or Batch, Shell, Command Line
- How to encrypt a PDF file with 256 bit AES encryption?
- How can I set Expiration Date, Dynamic Watermark, Username, and Password to PDF files?
- How to apply "Logon User Name" and "Logon Password" to a PDF file on Ubuntu system? VeryPDF Cloud DocSafe Solution
- How to apply an open password to a PDF file using advanced pdf tools command line software?
- For my company has a requirement to encrypt PDF documents through SAP Program and encrypted PDF will be sent to employees through SAP email Program
- I want pdf digital signature and pdf page editor
- It is possible to use PDF Security and Signature Tool and a USB Token with the certificate?
- How to use VeryPDF Cloud PDF DRM Protector Software to Protect and Track your PDF files?
- Signature valid or invalid. Adobe Reader is show "At least one signature has problems" message
- A quick way to encrypt pdf for great pdf security