As a powerful document converter, VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line is not only capable of converting a whole web page to a PDF file, but can also convert image files via a http://www.verypdf.com/htmltools/index.html#dlin a second. VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line can convert EMF to WMF, EMF to PNM, EMF to TIFF, EMF to JPEG, etc. You can download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line from the website as follows:
If you want to setwhen convert EMF, you are bound to use the command for or color depth setting: -bitcount <int>. This article will take three steps to introduce the way to set bit depth when convert EMF to WMF.
1. Run the command prompt window
You can chose either of the following ways to run the command prompt window:
The first one is the most commonly used way. It requires four steps: click “Start”; > click “Run” on the home menu; > enter “cmd” in the “Run” dialog box;>click on “OK” in the “Run” dialog box. When you see the black and white command window, please proceed to the next step.
The second way only takes two steps, you can click “Start”; > click the icon of the command prompt on the home menu as illustrated as below.
2. Enter a
The command line should for bit depth setting and EMF to WMF conversion should consist of four factors: the command and three files.
htmltools -bitcount <int> <EMF file> <WMF file>
- htmltools ---- the executable file, which denotes to htmltools.exe.
- -bitcount <int> ---- the command that can be used to set bit depth. Three parameter values are allowed: 1, 8 and 24. You can select any of them as the bit depth value. int means integer, and the angle brackets mark essential contents. If the command is -bitcount 1, the result image file will be monochrome; if it is -bitcount 8, grey will be added to the image; if the command is -bitcount 24, the result image file will become colorful, and is capable of storing 224 possible colors.
- <EMF file> ----the input file in EMF format
- <WMF file> ---- the output file in WMF format
This command line pattern above can only tell what factors should be included. If you enter a command line in the command prompt window, however, you should enter the whole directories of the executable file, the input file and output file instead of their names. For instance,
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -bitcount 24 D:\in\garden.emf D:\out\garden.wmf
In the example above, the whole directories of the executable file, the input file and the output file, instead of the bare names, appear in this command line. The directories in the example should be replaced with the real directory of the executable file, the input file and the output file in your computer.
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe----the directory of the executable file htmltools.exe. This executable file has been placed in the folder htmltools after you decompressed the install file. In this example, this folder has been placed on disc D.
- -bitcount 24 ---- the command indicates 24-bit is the bit depth for the output file converted from EMF to WMF. The higher the bit depth, the more the colors are in the image. 24 can be changed to be 1 or 8, according to your needs.
- D:\in\garden.emf ---- the directory of the input EMF file. It leads the computer to find the file named garden in the folder in on disk D.
- D:\out\garden.wmf ---- the directory of the output file. As implied by the file extension, WMF is set to be the output format. Furthermore, garden should be the name of the output file, which is in the folder out on disk D.
3. Press “Enter”
Press the “Enter” key, and VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line will convert EMF to WMF very quickly. The images below are the original EMF file, and the files converted from EMF to WMF.
The original EMF file
1-bit WMF file
8-bit WMF file
24-bit WMF file