People usually VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to protect PDF by setting owner password when convert WMF to PDF.files by setting keywords such as open passwords and owner passwords. Setting open passwords will restrict the opening of PDF files, and setting owner passwords can from being printed, edit, modified by others. This article will show you how to use
1. Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
Click VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to download this application and spend some seconds to install it on your computer. VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line can not only help you convert WMF to PDF, it can also help you convert WMF to PS and image files in such formats as TIFF, PCX, PNG, and JPG.
2. Open the command prompt window
In Windows XP, please click Start, >click Run, > type “cmd”, >and click OK to open the command prompt window.
3. Type a
The following are a basic usage of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, and some useful options for setting owner password.
- htmltools [options] <WMF file> [<PDF file>]
- Some options:
- -ownerpwd <string> : Set 'owner password' to PDF file
- -keylen <int> : Key length (40 or 128 bit)
- -keylen 0: 40 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 3 or higher)
- -keylen 1: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 5 or higher)
- -keylen 2: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 6 or higher)
- -encryption <int> : Restrictions
- -encryption 0: Encrypt the file only
- -encryption 3900: Deny anything
- -encryption 4: Deny printing
- -encryption 8: Deny modification of contents
- -encryption 16: Deny copying of contents
- -encryption 32: No commenting
- ===128 bit encryption only -> ignored if 40 bit encryption is used
- -encryption 256: Deny FillInFormFields
- -encryption 512: Deny ExtractObj
- -encryption 1024: Deny Assemble
- -encryption 2048: Disable high res. printing
- -encryption 4096: Do not encrypt metadata
If you want to see more options of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please type the directory of the executable file in thesuch as: d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe
The following is an examplewhich can be used to convert WMF to PDF and protect PDF by setting an owner password “123” to deny copying of contents:
d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "123" -keylen 2 –encryption 16 c:\in.wmf d:\out.pdf
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe—the directory of the executable file
- -ownerpwd "123" —specify 123 as the owner password.
- -keylen 2—set the key length to be 128 bit RC4 encryption
- –encryptions 16— prevent the PDF file from being copied
- c:\in.wmf—the directory of the input file
- d:\out.pdf—the directory of the output file
You can replace the directory and option parameter values according to your requirements. For example, you can change –encryptions 16 to –encryptions 512 to protect any image, graphic and table being extracted from the PDF file. After you type a command line, please press Enter. If you want to buy VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please click Purchase.