If you want to protect the copyright when you convert WMF to PDF, you can set PDF producer via. The whole process will take only four steps. Producer is one of the properties of a PDF file. When people want to know or to tell the readers who created one PDF file, they will set PDF producer. You can find the producer information by right clicking the icon of the result PDF, > select “properties” on the drop down listing to open the Properties dialog box.> Then click the tab “PDF” in the dialog box as illustrated below. Then, you can find the PDF Producer information under the edit boxes.
The rest part of this article will show you how to take four steps to set PDF producer and convert WMF to PDF.
1. Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
Click VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to download this software application.
2. Run the command prompt window
- Click “Start” in the lower-left corner of the computer screen;
- Click “Run” on the menu to open the “Run” dialog box;
- Enter “cmd” in it.
- Click “OK” to run the command prompt window.
3. Type a
The command line should include four essential items in order: the directory of the executable file, the command which can be set PDF producer, the directory of the input file and the directory of the output file. As for the command, -producer <string> can used to set the PDF producer. The angle brackets are used to enclose essential contents. string refers to character string. And the character string must be enclosed by quotation marks “”. For example, the command line in the command prompt window below can be used to set PDF producer as “command line” and convert WMF to PDF:
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -producer “verypdf command line” D:\in\car1.wmf D:\car1.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe —-The directory of the executable file. It shows that the executable file in placed in the folder called htmltools on disk D.
- -producer “verypdf command line” —- the command which set “verypdf command line” (without quotation marks) as the new created PDF’s producer.
- D:\in\car1.wmf —- the directory of the input file. It shows that the input file called car1 is in the folder in on disk D. The file extension is WMF.
- D:\car1.pdf —- the directory of the output file. It represents the file named car1 on disk D. And the output format is PDF. The file extensions of the input file and output file can lead the computer to convert WMF to PDF.
4. Press “Enter”
Once you press “Enter” on the keyboard, the computer will begin to set PDF producer and convert WMF to PDF without delay. When you see “result =OK” displayed in the command prompt window as illustrated above, it means that the conversion from WMF to PDF is finished. Then you can open the Properties dialog box to view the result. As you can see in the following illustration, the PDF producer is “verypdf command line”.