Question: I'm posting a PDF at a website and have a link pointing to it, the same as any other file. If the browser is capable, it displays the PDF in a new tab. But the URL (and an unwieldy one at that) is showing up on the top of the tab where the document title usually goes. Do PDF files have a parameter for this I can adjust? Or is there a way to wrap the file in something that does? Is there any solution on VeryPDF?
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can have a free trial of this software: VeryPDF PDF Stamp, by which you can add PDF file name as stamp at the top of PDF file. There are many versions of this software like GUI version, command line version, SDK version and others. So no matter you would like to stamp PDF easily by software interface, or stamp PDF programmatically together with other application, there will be software available for you. Please check more related information on homepage, in the following part, let us check how to use this software.
Step 1. Free download PDF Stamp
- Here I will take the GUI version for examples. When downloading, please make sure download the proper version according to your needs.
- When downloading finishes, there will be an exe file, please install this software by double clicking the exe file and following installation message till short-cut icon showing up on desktop. The following snapshot is from the software interface, please have a check.
Step 2. Stamp PDF by PDF file name.
- When open software interface, please click button Add PDF Files to add PDF file needed stamping to software interface. This software allows you to stamp PDF in batch.
- Then click Text Stamp to go to that tab, then you will see the following snapshot.
- Please click Dynamic Text then you will see dropdown list like I showed in the above snapshot. Here please choose Title. And then go to Position part, please choose add file name at which place. Here you can choose at the top, bottom, center and other places.
- In the right part, you can choose file name text type, size, color, rotate degree, action and others.
- When you finish setting part, please go to Tab Global to choose page range, which means you will add this stamp at which page.
- Then when you finish setting, please go to main tab to click button Stamping to run the conversion.
- A few seconds later, you can check output PDF file in output folder.
By this software, this method, you can add PDF file name as PDF stamp at the top of the PDF. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.