People need towhen they convert HTM to PDF, because they want readers to know the PDF file is created by which application. This article will take the application of VeryPDF HTML Converter as an example to show you how to and convert HTM to PDF via . In fact, VeryPDF HTML Converter provides two versions: the version and GUI version. A GUI may be easier to use because of the mouse. However, using a mouse and keyboard to control your operating system takes much more time than working in a command line. Hence, if you want to save your time, why not try to use the command line version for this time? This command line application does not require any Adobe product installed in your computer. The following will show you how to take three steps to convert HTM to PDF and .
1. Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
You can free download the command line application of VeryPDF HTML Converter by clicking VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line.
2. Open the command prompt window
To open the command prompt window often requires four steps as follows
- Click “Start” in the lower-left corner of the screen;
- Select “Run” from the menu to open the “Run” dialog box;
- Enter “cmd” in the “Run” dialog box.
- Click “OK” to run the command prompt window.
3. Type a command line and press “Enter”
When the command prompt window appears on the computer screen, you can type a command line in the window. The command line syntax below may be helpful if you don’t know what should be included in a command line. The angle brackets are used to enclose essential contents. string refers to character string.
htmltools.exe -creator <string> <input file> <output file>
The following is an example which can be used to convert HTM to PDF and edit PDF creator,
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -creator "command" D:\in.htm C:\out.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe ----The directory of the command line application. It represents the command application stored in the folder called htmltools on disk D.
- -creator "command" ---- defines PDF creator as "command”.
- D:\in.htm ---- the directory of the input files. It represents the input file named in in the format HTM on disk D.
- C:\out.pdf ---- specifies PDF as the output format, and indicates that the output file should be named out and placed on disk D.
Now do you know how to type a command line? After you type the command line, please press “Enter”. The computer will start working right away. You can also view the process information in the command prompt window as illustrated below. When you see “Result=OK”, that means the job is completed.
Check the result
To check the result, you should right click the icon of the output PDF file, select “Properties” on the menu to open the “Properties” dialog box, > click the “PDF” tab, then you can find “command” after “Application” in the dialog box. You can try the command line application of VeryPDF HTML converter for 50 times. If you want to buy it, please click Purchase.