Before convertingfile,you may ask why do you convert ?This is because of the advantages of pdf files.
1. Compatible in Windows, Mac, Linux, even modern mobile phones and PDA's.PDF files can be opened on basically any system! Your friends,colleagues,family can share your pdf files wherever.
2. Small in size.You will find the size of pdf files are smaller than their original files but without any content and quality loss.That’s because some kind of compression algorithm are used when converting other files to pdf files.
3. Can be created from any kind of document.You can convert any kind of document to pdf files such as word,text,powerpoint,access,etc. with the help of some kind of converting software like PDFcamp Printer.
4. Securable.You can protect your pdf files from being modified and changed by encrypting them.
5. No chance of getting infected with viruses. Some word documents turn to messy code when they are opened.One possible analysis to this situation is the documents are injected by viruses. But there's almost no chance of a PDF file getting infected with something like a virus , which makes it a safe and trusted way of sharing your work.
So converting wmf to pdf file is a good choice for your file.But you should choose a suitable software which is faster,cheaper,the most important,easier.
HTML Converter Command Line is a such kind of software.It allows you to create previews or thumbnails of web pages in a number of different formats, such as TIF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PCX, TGA, JP2 (JPEG2000), PNM, etc. HTML Converter Command Line also allows you to convert web pages to PDF, PS (postscript), WMF, EMF vector formats.
You can download HTML Converter Command Line at the website http://www.verypdf.com/htmltools/htmltools.zip, get the main information at http://www.verypdf.com/htmltools/index.html and read the user manual at http://www.verypdf.com/htmltools/htmltools-manual.htm.
The following contents are the steps to convert wmf to pdf file by HTML Converter Command Line.
Step1.Run cmd.exe program by clicking “start”—“run” and input “cmd” in “open” edit box.Then click “OK” button.You can also use the hot key “Windows” + “R”.
Step2.Input command lines in cmd.exe dialog box.The command line should be like following one:
“htmltools.exe” “input.wmf” output.pdf
It means there are called program,source file and target file in the command line.
We can take the commands of the conversion of wmf to pdf as an example.
"C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Temp\htmltools\htmltools.exe" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\CLIPART\PUB60COR\AN00790_.WMF" "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\New Folder1.pdf"
"C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Temp\htmltools\htmltools.exe" stands for the directory of called program—htmltools.exe.It is the executable file in HTML Converter Command Line.
NOTE:You can drag the file to cmd.exe dialog box directly if the path is too long to input or remember.You can also copy the file directory and right click your mouse in cmd.exe which means “paste”.
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\CLIPART\PUB60COR\AN00790_.WMF" stands for the path of source file.
"C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\New Folder1.pdf" stands for the path of target file.
NOTE:You can not define the information about target file in command line and the file will be saved in the same folder with source file as the same file name.
Step3.After the conversion of wmf to pdf file,you can find the file in specified directory.
There are more articles about HTML Converter Command Line at