If you prefer toand convert HTML to PDF via GUI (Graphical User Interface), the process might be complicated. First you need run the document converter which can convert HTM to PDF; then, you need to set input format and output format by clicking multiple buttons; after that you need to find the buttons which can help you ; then, open the “Save as” dialog box to save the file, etc. However, if you know how to convert document via , only four steps will be needed. Are you interested in the method? Why not keep on reading and try it yourself?
Step 1: Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
The first step is to install a good document converter in your computer. You can click VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to download this software application which is capable of converting HTM to PDF, PS (Postscript), TIF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PCX, TGA, JP2, PNM, etc. To buy the full version of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please click Purchase.
Step 2: Run the command prompt window
- Click “Start” in the lower-left corner of the computer screen;
- Click “Run” on the menu to open the “Run” dialog box;
- Enter “cmd” in it.
- Click “OK” to run the command prompt window.
Step 3: Type a
This step requires you to type the following four items in order in the command prompt window: the directory of the executable file, -append 2, the directory of the input file, and the directory of the output file. In addition, please leave a space between each pair of them. To help you understand it, the following illustrates a pattern: htmltools -append 2 <HTM file> <PDF file>
As for the command -append 2, it can be used toto the end of an existing PDF. The number 2 can be replaced with 1, 2, or 3. -append 0 can be used to overwrite an existing PDF file; -append 1 can be used to insert PDF pages before the first page of the existing PDF file;-append 3 can be used to rename the filename, avoiding the duplication of name.
The following example is awhich can be used to append PDF pages to the last page of the existing PDF file. You can substitute the directories of the files in your computer for the directories in this example.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -append 2 C:\in.htm D:\out.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe ---- the directory of the executable file. It indicates that the executable file htmltools.exe is located in the folder htmltools on disk D.
- -append 2---- the command can be used to append PDF pages to the last page of the existing PDF file.
- C:\2. htm ---- the directory of the input file which represents the file in.htm on disk C.
- D:\out.pdf ---- the directory of output files, which represents the file out.pdf on disk D. If the file out.pdf exists, the computer will append the PDF paged converted from HTM file to the end of the file out.pdf. If there is not such a file on disk D before, the computer will create a new one in this directory.
Step 4: Press “Enter”
Press the key “Enter” to let the computer convert HTM to PDF and append PDF pages. When “result=OK” appears in the command prompt window, that means the conversion is finished. To get more information about other products, please visit the home page of VeryPDF.