I got problem while testing pdfprint.exe. Some pdf-documents are not printed with first try. I run a batch job that seek new pdf files in folder an then send it to "HP LaserJet 4250 Series PCL6" mapped over network. Pdfprint.exe returns message that printing was done, but actually document was not printed and there is no event with ID = 10 (Print) in system log associated with skipped document. There is no differences in NTFS ACL and no file locks. For every 100 of printed documents I got near 10-15 skipped. So I've got no idea what is the reason of this case, but pdfprint.exe is most powerful tool and I want to use it for automating. Can you help me?
Configuration of computer running pdfprint:
- 2x Windows Server 2003 in Cluster mode named SRV-CL (pdfprint running on first node only);
- Printer is "HP LaserJet 4250 Series PCL6" (TCP/IP port on my cluster) shared over network;
- Scheduled task is configured on first node, running batch file;
- Command that call pdfprint.exe:
pdfprint.exe -printer "\\SRV-CL\hp4250" -paper "210x297mm" -scalex 0 -scaley 0 "S:\Docs\autoprn\process\<filename>.pdf"
- No other printers are mapped in robot profile;
- PDF documents are generated by multiple software tools;
- Pdfprint version is 2.5 (I have tried older v2.0, but got no success with same issue);
Please add -debug parameter to try again, -debug parameter will print more log message on screen, we hoping these log message will helpful to you to find out where wrong quickly,
pdfprint.exe -debug -printer "\\SRV-CL\hp4250" -paper "210x297mm" -scalex 0 -scaley 0 "S:\Docs\autoprn\process\<filename>.pdf"
Reason of my trouble was Windows 2003 in failover cluster mode. I've moved pdfprint.exe to standalone Windows 2008 and it works fine!
Thank you very much!
Thank you for your message.