Hi Guys, We have a requirement where we want a ability to print series of PDF documents to printer on single click of Button. We came through PDF print on VeryPDF.com. Can you please answer few of our below questions? 1. We have only PCL printers, is
Is it possible to handle the exception if document failed to print on the destination printer by using PDFPrint?
You can add -debug parameter to pdfprint.exe, for example,
Pdfprint.exe -debug C:\test.pdf
-debug parameter will printout the detailed error message when failed to print the PDF file.
Can you please answer the below queries for us?
We have the Scenario as described below
1) WebSite named TestVeryPDF is hosted. This can be accessed through intranet by Multiple department.
2) All departments can logon on to the website at same time.
3) They will select the pdf documents to print and fire the print command by clicking on the user defined print button on the page.
4) Web Server is configured to identify the requested department and print documents to that specific department printer(network) at their location.
4) Web server will check the request and based upon the department requested it will try to print the documents to the printer that has been defined in database for given department
Query 1) Does we need to add all the network printers to the Server?
Query 2) Does VeryPDF can handle multiple requests? For example department A and department B trying to print documents at same time.
Please let us know if questions are not clear or you want more information.
>>Query 1) Does we need to add all the network printers to the Server?
Yes, you need install all network printers to the server, you can call PDFPrint Command Line to print your PDF files to all network printers without any restrictions.
>>Query 2) Does VeryPDF can handle multiple requests? For example department
>>A and department B trying to print documents at same time.
Yes, PDF Print Command Line does support concurrent printing, several peoples can print more PDF files at one time.
please notice, if you wish print more PDF files to different printers at same time, you need add -nochgprinter parameter, for example,
pdfprint.exe -nochgprinter -printer "PDFcamp Printer" C:\test.pdf
pdfprint.exe -nochgprinter -printer "docPrint" C:\test.pdf