PDF to Text OCR Converter Command Line can recognize text from scanned documents with Optical Character Recognition technology. It can extract text from scanned PDF and even images. As a command line tool, users can implement batch process with batch scripts.
- Windows 2000 / XP / Server 2003 / Vista / Server 2008 / 7 / 8
, both 32bit and 64bit systems.
Recognize characters from scanned PDF
- Many documents are stored in scanned PDF, which are actually in image formats. These documents are not easy for archiving or indexing. PDF to Text OCR Converter Command Line is a good helper for recognize words and text in scanned PDF.
Extract text from image to textual document
- To copy or edit text in documents created from scanner or even photos is always time-consuming. This application can recognize text in images with OCR technology, which will save much of your time to deal with text message in images.
Easy command line operation and batch process
- This is a command line application that is handy for implementing batch process with script. Command line application also provides convenience for manual controlling with effective options. With commands, batch and manual control are all easy.
Features of PDF to Text OCR Converter Command Line
- Support command line operation which is useful for batch process.
- Convert scanned PDF to editable textual files.
- Recognize characters from images, such as TIFF, BMP, PNG, JPG, PCX, and TGA.
- Convert specified pages of source files.
- No need for a third-party PDF reader application.
- Support more than ten languages (download language packages here).
- Convert textual PDF to plain text file.
- Extract text from encrypted PDF.
- Able to retain original layouts of PDF source files (Physical Layout).
- Able to convert PDF to text with reading order layout (Reading Layout).
- Able to insert or remove page break characters (0x0C) between pages in text files.
- Able to add additional information, such as page number, to the end of each text page.
- Convert scanned PDF and image files (TIFF, BMP, PNG, JPG, PCX, TGA, etc.) to editable text files.
- Able to convert scanned PDF and image files to searchable PDF files.
- Create searchable PDF with original color retained, insert a hidden text layer into resultant PDF file.
- Create searchable black-and-white PDF without image, contain pure text layer in PDF file.
- Create searchable black-and-white PDF with image, insert a hidden text layer into resultant PDF file.
- Create searchable PDF with specific color depth of image layer, e.g., Ture Color Image Layer, Grayscale Image Layer, or Black and White Image Layer.
- Create TXT file containing the coordination information of text in original PDF, [X, Y, Width, Height].