PDF to TXT Converter is a light tool for extracting text from PDF to plain text files. This tool is indeed helpful for creating full-text searchable archive database. This tool is independent of any PDF reader software.
PDF to TXT Converter offers two development components, PDF to TXT COM and PDF to TXT COM for Table Analyzer.
- Operating system: Windows 2000 / XP / Server 2003 / Vista / Server 2008 / 7 of both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Memory: 32MB or more
Convert PDF to plain text
- VeryPDF PDF to TXT Converter can extract the text content of a textual PDF and save the text as a plain text file quickly. This feature is quite useful for archiving and indexing PDF files.
Save PDF to HTML file
- VeryPDF PDF to TXT Converter can directly convert textual PDF to HTML webpage, which is helpful for publishing PDF content on website. The website visitors can directly read the content without installing a PDF reader on their computers.
Easy drag and drop operation
- VeryPDF PDF to TXT Converter is an easy-to-use application, and a user can just drag the input PDF files from the Explorer window and drop them into the interface of the application to complete the conversion operation.
- Compatible with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7.
- Convert PDF to plain text in batches.
- Support multilingual text, including English, French, German, Italian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, etc.
- Support PDF format version 1.8.
- No need for third-party PDF software.
- Support drag-and-drop operation.
- Support command line and wildcard character operations.
- Extract text from password protected PDF files.
- Extract hidden image alternative text from PDF.
- Automatically align text columns in tables
- Extract text from PDF and save to HTML.
- Extract PDF description text (title, subject, author, keywords, creator, producer, created date, etc.)
- Convert HTML to TXT, MS Word (DOC) to TXT and HTML, and RTF to TXT and HTML. (Require MS Office software installed)
PDF to TXT COM is for developers who can build this COM component into their applications and implement the same functions of PDF to TXT Converter.
This COM can be called in ASP, VB, VC, DELPHI, C#, and .NET.
With PDF to TXT COM for Table Analyzer, developers can extract tabular data from PDF and analyze the data with their developed applications. The extracted data can be imported into Microsoft Word, Excel or other data analysis applications.
The two links provide an example of PDF to TXT COM for Table Analyzer: The original PDF file with tabular data and the text extracted from the PDF.