VeryPDF PDF Compressor is developed for compressing PDF files. It can reduce the size of images in a PDF file by downsampling and compressing. To reduce the file size, it can also compress and subset the fonts used in the PDF. Besides compressing PDF, it can edit the description of PDF and protect the PDF with passwords.
Windows 2000 / XP / Server 2003 / Vista / Server 2008 / 7 of both 32-bit and 64-bit
Downsample and compress image in PDF
In order to reduce the storage size of PDF, this application can downsample the images of a PDF. It supports subsample, average, and bicubic downsample methods to reduce the size of images. For color, gray and monochrome images, it supports different compression methods for reducing the size.
Compress and subset fonts in PDF
A PDF file will contain the fonts to make sure that the pages can be displayed with the same effect on different devices. This application can embed, compress and subset the fonts to reduce the size of font data in a PDF.
Protect PDF and edit PDF description
After compressing a PDF, the application can save it as a new PDF. It supports user password and owner password to protect the PDF. With owner password, it can control the permissions of printing, assembly, content copying and commenting.
Features of VeryPDF PDF Compressor
- Batch process to compress multiple PDF files with one click.
- Support subsample, average and bicubic downsample methods to reduce image size.
- Support JPG and Zip compression methods to reduce color and gray images.
- Support Zip, RLE, JBIG2, and CCITT Group 4 methods to compress monochrome images.
- Able to embed, compress and subset fonts of PDF.
- Support user password and owner password to protect PDF.
- Control permissions of printing, assembly, copying and commenting PDF.
- Edit PDF descriptions including title, author, subject, keywords, creator, and producer.